Windstream is the nationwide high-speed broadband internet, digital cable television, and phone services operator in the USA. Many customers are using Windstream’s monthly package of phone, dish TV, and high-speed internet service. Additionally, customers need to pay the bills monthly or before the due date. There are three ways for you to pay your account. By the way, if you are a customer of Windstream, you will follow my instruction to pay your bill before the due date.
Windstream Online Bill Payment Systems
Online bill systems are always faster and convenient, anywhere. Windstream online bill payments systems are more reliable and secure as the company using their own security services. Windstream access to bill payments VISA, Master, Discover, American Express credit and debit card, and online access checking account. So if you want to pay your bill online, you may follow directions.
1. Go to the Windstream e-bill center. (see the E-bill center link in resources)
2. Put your login user ID and password in the mandatory login fields and click on the submit button to sign in to your account.
3. If you have not an online bill payment account, you must create an account for free. There are no charges to charge to create an e-bill account.
4. To create an account, click on the “First time user?” link and sign up with your nine-digit account number and PIN. The account number and PIN are located in your bill (hard copy).
5. If your account number and PIN don’t work, you call 877-807-9463 to complain or technical help.
6. When you complete your account creation process, systems will automatically update your information. For example, you may log in to your account to view an e-bill copy (soft), your billing due date, billing summary, etc.
7. To pay the bill, click on the “Pay Bill Now” link that’s located in the middle of your account summary page.
8. In the next payment processing, enter the required information such as payment methods, credit card, debit card, or checking account information, you want to use to pay your bill.
9. There are automatic payment options. You may choose the “Auto Play” to pay your bill monthly automatically from your credit, debit, or checking account. If you set up the auto-pay option, Windstream will be taken your bill monthly from the bank account. Once you have set up auto-pay systems, you may remove the tick on the “Auto Pay” option to automatically cancel payments.
10. When all secure steps are complete to pay your bill, you will receive a confirmation page with a number that’s your payment number.
11. So don’t way to print these confirmation pages. It will be helpful later when you need it.
If you want to pay your bill via postal mail, you may send your payments via our correspondence to your regional offices. There are lots of payment offices in your area that not possible to present on a topic. But we suggest that you visit finding your nearest payment center locations (link in Resource).
Pay your Windstream bill by Phone
We suggest some regional phone number to pay your bill by phone.
1-800-501-1754 for Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas’ customers
1-800-347-1991 for Florida, Kentucky, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania customers
1-877-759-9066 for Pennsylvania state college customers
For additional helps you may call at 1-888-292-3827 or 1-866-445-5850.
Windstream E-bill center